Dear Customers and Friends,
As we approach peak season in Mexico, we want to lay out a few tips to prevent any possible impact on your upcoming operations
1) At major airports such as MMUN, MMSD, MMPR, and MMSL expect heavy platform traffic. Check for overnight/parking restrictions.
2) Prepare for ground delays due to fuel uplift. As you know, commercial airlines have priority at airports they share with General Aviation. Please advise crew and pax where applicable as there could be long waits for the fuel truck.
3) Hotels are usually booked early and many could be sold out. Plus this year the occupancy levels are limited due to COVID contingency. Please be sure to check it with enough time to book. We will be very happy to help you arrange your accommodations if needed.
4) Regarding COVID 19, Crew and passengers are required to fill out health questionnaires upon arrival. This can be done in advance electronically. You can also contact Manny Aviation and we can provide you the PDF form for you to complete. In addition, a temperature check will be done at the arrival, for crew and passengers.
5) We strongly advise you to give a minimum of 5 hours notice before the aircraft departs from its destination for single 135 landing authorizations.
6) AFAC will remain working partially until January 2021. During this period, single landing authorizations for FAR PART 135 would be submitted locally at your destination airport. As a reminder the following documents to process the authorization.
Power of Attorney
OST 4507 Form
For further questions or inquiries in this matter, please send us an email
7) Security issues at the airport should not be a concern. Most airports have enforced 24-hour security. IF you must venture outside airport grounds, being aware of your surroundings, keeping a low profile, and being in the company of someone you know, are good things to consider.
8) Remember to ask for our help to secure the most suitable ground transportation for your passengers and crew members.
9) We are able to provide catering throughout all of Mexico, just send the catering requests to our Coordination Team with as much time in advance as possible. Some locations are easier than others, so make sure to always check with us in advance.
10) Car rental companies can also be very busy during this time, we recommend that you book early. We can help with your requests too, the sooner you send your request, the better.
11) There are no changes for Mexican APIS submission during this holiday season, however, due to the high demand we kindly ask you to provide us with complete information as soon as you can.
12) Overflights process or payment also remains the same; SENEAM does not close for the holiday season. If you have overflown Mexico but have not operated to our country, please reach us to determine if you have any outstanding debts with the Air Navigation Authority.
13) Consider that when filing your outbound flight plan, SENEAM authorized routing must be used. It is best practice to send it to us in advance so we can clear and confirm accordingly. Skipping this step could result in a delay due to flight plan refiling. Flight plan must be presented at SENEAM by the dispatcher or handler in charge, this process is mandatory.
While we make every effort to ensure that all requests are met in a timely manner, we do want you to be aware that during this peak season our response time could be a bit longer. Our Ground and Ops Team will always do their best to accomplish your requests and needs promptly.
We would like to take this opportunity to wish you all a Happy Holiday Season filled with good health, love, and prosperity through 2021!